Wednesday, January 28, 2009

good dog


My sweet dog Lilly has been plagued by a nasty yeast infection in her ear.  She gets it every year about this time.  It's been 3 years now.  Not the nicest thing to talk about or imagine.  Why am I posting about it?  Because she is the sweetest, gentlest dog I know. Not only has she tolerated me flushing her ear out repeatedly and poking it with q-tips and cotton balls but she lets me blow dry her ear!!
I recently read that you can use a half white vinegar and half warm water solution to clean the ears and I must say that it works like a charm.  Certainly better than the stuff I was getting from the vet.  I also read that moisture and warmth are factors in a yeast infection and since a lab's ears are long and floppy, she is a prime candidate.  *They* (people in the online world) suggested drying the dogs ears to reduce these factors.  One person said their dog didn't like that so they just took lots of trips in the back of the truck to let the wind dry their ears.
Well, I settled in and prepared to put Lilly in a headlock but surprisingly she loved it.  She started to get sleepy eyes and kept putting her paw up for me to rub her.
Who knew that dogs like spa treatments as much as ladies do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate you taking time to read my blog. Have a great day!