Monday, August 25, 2008

What dress do you think she should wear?

Next Tuesday is the first day of KINDERGARTEN!! K. is my first child to enter the public school system; and the kindergarteners go all day. As happy as I am for her to go, I'll miss her during the day. (I needn't worry about being bored, I've got Little S. and D. to chase after.)

I'd like to ask your opinion on what dress K. should wear on her first day. I really want her to look cute and nice and I don't care if she wears it on the playground or whatever. You only have ONE first day. (in grownup terms, you get one shot at a first impression.)

Here are the options... so far. All of the dresses are a little big but the ones that fit well are just a tad too casual. She can wear them on the 2nd day and so on.

I've created a poll over on the side so you can vote but by all means, leave me a comment. I have to take K.'s opinions into this too so don't be upset if I don't choose your favorite or even the one that gets the most votes. Since I'm incapable of making a decision on my own, I wanted to see which way I should sway her.

4 comments:

  1. OK Miss Kathie...
    How did our little ones grow up so fast?? I am sitting at my computer with tears in my eyes remembering Katy and Mary in their baby carriers....Was that really FIVE years ago?

    Mary is in all day kindergarten, too....we are going with a light green dress with pink sash (in case you were wondering).

    Mary and I LOVE the yellow dress... that was our vote :).

    Good luck and try not to cry too much, I know I will be a sobbing mess :).

    Love,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so adorable!

    As a teacher, I would suggest she chooses the one that she really wants to wear ~ the pride on her face the first day will be priceless! Don't worry about getting too dirty, we (at my school) ease them into the routines and do a lot of "getting to know you" activities.

    The best part is when they come home and tell you all about their days!

    Enjoy each day, it goes by all too quickly. With tears in my eyes, I sent my first born off to UNC. Somehow we jumped from Kindergarten to college ~ where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! Whatever you decide, she will look adorable! They sure get big fast, don't they! Best wishes to you for a great first day...I'll be sure to check back to get the update!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate you taking time to read my blog. Have a great day!