Saturday, February 7, 2009

good morning


This morning I couldn't decide which I coveted more: sleep (or pretending to) or quiet time by myself downstairs.  It was already 7:00 on a Saturday and all the kids, dog and DH were still asleep!  A phenomena!  I opted to come down and read the paper and check email in solitude.  Bliss.

Well, as any mother knows, solitude is rare. I got the coffee started, realized the canister was low so I filled it.  Then I put the clean dishes away and loaded the dishwasher (how do the dirty dishes materialize overnight?  Maybe the socks lost in the dryer know.)  I let the dog out and then gave her fresh food and water.  After I let her in I had to clean up the floor from her voracious lapping.  Then I emptied the dryer (didn't fold it yet - that's for later) and let Lilly outside to fetch the paper.  

Since the paper hadn't arrived-it's 7:30!! where is it!?! Lilly decided to sniff around and sully the front yard.  Soooo, I gathered a few plastic bags (don't start about the environment right now.  I NEEDED a lot.)  I cleaned the front yard, frost notwithstanding.  Unfortunately Lilly's tummy isn't 100% right now so it wasn't pleasant.  But, I've been changing diapers for 5 years now so I'm not fazed.

I get back inside, thaw out, wait for the coffee to finish and clean off the kitchen island.  It's a clutter magnet and I used it last night to fold my fabric stash (THAT deserves another post).

As I was sitting down with my coffee and computer, lo and behold, I hear little footsteps on the stairs....

S. comes down, blinking like a little mole in the bright light, and asks for vitamins and breakfast.  Shortly thereafter, K. comes down complaining of a stomachache. She also visited us at 4:00 am with the same complaints.  Considering that kids in both of the girls classes are sick, I'm a little worried.  D. is still asleep or maybe he's not yelling in his crib loud enough for me to hear.  

Guess I'll go check.  There'll be time for a 2nd cup of coffee later.

Hope you all have a lovely, warm and cozy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate you taking time to read my blog. Have a great day!