Wednesday, February 6, 2008

has this happened to you?

We went to the church pancake supper last night with all the little chickadees. The girls had already eaten some pancakes and now I was in line. Knowing how anxious my lasses were for more chocolate chip pancakes (imagine!) I was not surprised to hear them whining, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mooooommy. Mind you, it had been a long day already and I had just finished feeding my fidgety baby (held him in a restraining pose on my lap - his legs wedged between my thighs, both of his hands in one of mine).

Slightly annoyed that they were shouting their requests across the room I turned and said, I'm coming! Problem was, it wasn't my child! Ooops.

Normally I can distinguish their whisper in a crowd of crazed Wiggles fans but not last night. I hope I'm not losing my Mommy Mojo. Whatever will I do without those eyes in the back of my head?

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate you taking time to read my blog. Have a great day!