Sunday, April 12, 2009

make your own peppermint patties









I came across this great website that had instructions on making your own peppermint patties. Since I love them sooo much, I had to try.
I suggest you do too, you won't be sorry.

It was fun for the kids to help me roll the peppermint mixture into balls and flatten them. I didn't take pictures of the dipped chocolates but you get the idea. One word of advice; don't put them on a cooling rack once they are dipped!! I thought, "oh, I'll let the excess chocolate drip off and it'll be nice and neat." Wrong. They stuck to the rack and I had to scrape them off, resulting in more shaved peppermint pieces than patties. But next time you bet I'll be cooling them on parchment or waxed paper. Let me know how yours turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate you taking time to read my blog. Have a great day!